Friday, October 3, 2008

Final Countdown

Only a couple more weeks left before I head back to the grind of work and a new transition begins. Sigh...it's inevitable, but I don't have to like it, right?!?! I always thought I could never be a stay-at-home mom, but I could definitely get used to this! Eli will be spending his days with a private sitter and a couple other children close to his age. I know he is going to LOVE being around the other kiddos and I know he will adjust to our new schedule just fine, but...I still don't like it!

In the meantime, I have been very busy trying to get some projects done and organizing some things around the house before I go back to work. That means I have piles of "stuff" everywhere and it feels more chaotic than before I started! And, Eli and I have been soaking in this precious time together. I still have those heart stopping moments everyday when I look at my sweet son and am overwhelmed with gratitude and a love like no other, and I feel so incredibly lucky to be his mama.

Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks.

Eli LOVES this dumptruck and he "rides" it around the house. It's not really meant to be a riding toy, but it works for him!

Trying on daddy's shoes. With the rate he is growing, these shoes will probably fit next week!

The perfect reading spot!

Practicing his somersault!

6 comments:

Donna said...

I swear you and I are on some sort of "dual plane cross connected" living path or something.

Our adoptions were on the same path one year apart. Our kids are a LOT alike!

And then this week, ALL week long I've been thinking about you and trying to write an e-mail asking if it was about time for you to go back to work. I knew you had some time, but I just couldn't get it off my mind. Go figure that's what you blog about today! (cue wierd theme music: do do do do-do do do do!) lol

We'll plan our trip north way in advance so we can be sure to cross paths with you guys! how fun.

Lovin' those Eli pics. And yes, he's gonna have a blast with kids, but Momma's sure gonna miss him and he's gonna miss Momma, too! I enjoy my hours out of the house and focused on other things at the office, but at the EXACT same time, I hate it. I hate missing out on their days and not being with them every waking minute! But it does make me appreciate (even more) the time we do spend together.

Guatmama said...

Soak up that time together, it will be among some of your favorite memories!

Bobbi said...

I too have been wondering when you were heading back. I am glad you found a great sitter. Sounds like a good plan.

Eli is just growing up too quickly. Reese uses his toys as riding toys too!

I am glad to hear from you. I was starting to think you left us!

Kim said...

I am already dreading the day I go back to work and Kate isn't even home yet!

Heidi said...

He is sooooo cute. I'm sorry you have to head back to work but I'm sure the transition will be harder on you than him! Good luck, you are a great mommy!

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph
Enjoy the time together. It is so precious. I found the first few weeks challenging but now feel like it's all normal. It helps that N is a total extrovert and loves his day care. I will be thinking of you.
L