Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
With that said...we have some bags to finish packing, some housecleaning to do, and some other last minute details to take care of before we leave at 3:30am to be reunited with our SON forever!!! Our next post will be from Guatemala as a family of three!!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Monday, April 21, 2008
Friday, April 18, 2008
Now we are waiting for Eli's passport and that should be done in the next couple of days.
Friday, April 11, 2008
So, what happens next?
Birth Certificate: The adoption is registered at the Civil Registry. Since we are legally Eli's parents, our attorney requests a new birth certificate that will list us as parents and Eli will officially be a SHANK!! Eli's birth certificate is coming from Guatemala City so it may take anywhere from 1-4 weeks.
Passport: Once the birth certificate is issued, Eli gets a passport so he can come home. This is typically completed within a day.
DNA Authorization: Our attorney then submits our file to the US Embassy and requests authorization to complete the 2nd DNA test. This test simply verifies that Eli is the same baby we fell in love with 11 months ago today. This is typically issued within a couple of days.
DNA test: Eli gets swabbed for the DNA test and also undergoes a final medical exam by the embassy approved doctor. The DNA sample gets shipped to a lab in the US for processing. Once the DNA sample is processed, the results are shipped back to the US embassy in Guatemala. This step can take anywhere from 5-10 days on average.
PINK: Once the embassy receives the DNA results, they notify us of our final embassy appointment for Eli's visa. The embassy typically issues the pink slip within 3-5 days of receiving the DNA test. The pink slip will tell us when we need to be at the embassy and it may be scheduled within 1-2 weeks.
Embassy appointment: We will receive Eli's visa the day after our embassy appointment. Once we have his visa, we are free to come HOME!!!!!!
We are ready to go!!! We leave on 4/27 and are staying in an apartment in Antigua until it is time for our embassy appointment. We are deliriously happy!!!!
THIS IS REALLY HAPPENING!!!!!
Mommy & Daddy
Here are some pics from Eli's birthday party in Antigua!
Dora cake and Elmo candle...it doesn't get any better than that!! (okay, the other b-day cake option was Garfield!)
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
1. Sleep is gooooood. I usually sleep around 10-12 hours every night!
2. But, sleeping in a crib is overrated. I would much rather spend the night kicking mommy & daddy.
3. I guess I really need all of that sleep because I can't sit still. I love to jump, bounce, crawl, dance, and touch EVERYTHING!!! Sitting still is just boring!! I don't even like to lay still for a diaper change, which makes it really interesting for my mommy & daddy. It's actually really funny!! Like the time in MonoLoco restaurant...I made such a mess in my diaper that mommy & daddy had to take all my clothes off in the booth and then they ran out of wipes! Then Aeson's mommy had to come to the rescue with more wipes. It was like a circus!! I was trying to see what was going on, but for some reason my mommy did not like me sticking my hands in the mess. So I then had to stick my hands in my hair.
4. When I get really tired, I love to scratch my head and pull on my hair and ears.
5. I love to eat!!! I love black beans, chicken, papaya, bananas, carrots, red peppers, pancakes, guacamole, cake...the only thing I really don't like is pineapple.
6. One of my favorite games is "ojitos." My foster family plays this game with me. They say "ojitos", which means little eyes, and we all squint our eyes together. My mommy thought it was really cute and sweet.
7. My mommy & daddy say I have a funny laugh that sounds like a baby howler monkey.
8. My mommy & daddy also told me I am really smart (they said I have to earn lots of scholarships, too). I learned how to pull out the big phone book and stand on it so I could reach all of the fun stuff on the bedside table. I also learned how to climb off of the big king size bed and I discovered where daddy packed the snacks in the suitcase.
9. Mommy is a little worried that I have a high pain tolerance. I hit my head a lot, but it didn't bother me. One night I fell and hit my head on the wall and it just made me laugh!! I think I heard her say the word "daredevil." She also said my daddy is the same way. If that's the case, I think daddy and me are going to have loads of fun together when I come home!!
10. My mommy & daddy are pretty awesome. They smiled and laughed A LOT when we were all together. They also gave me lots of hugs and kisses. I think I make them very happy.
I guess I get to tag some of my buddies!! I like this game!!
Kinsey & Kaiden
Nathaniel (Little E)
Alex & Anika