Monday, March 16, 2009

Spoiled...YUM!!

So, my birthday is coming up and I decided to spoil myself a teeny bit. I stumbled upon this site that makes homemade Guatemalan sweetbreads and delivers them right to your door! Oh, my mouth started watering instantly and I just couldn't resist. Check out the site HERE. I just HAD to order the Champurradas and the Pan Mixto. We were spoiled with Champurradas on our first visit when we took a day trip to Antigua. Our wonderful guide, Alfredo, bought all of us a half dozen or so Champurradas from a local bakery and we thought we had died and gone to heaven! Delicious! We were also spoiled on our pick-up trip because our apartment in Antigua was right across the street from a bakery. We typically treated ourselves to a daily dose of deliciousness! Believe it or not, I didn't even get a picture of the bakery! Shameful. But, here is a picture of our street and the bakery is on the lefthand side.
My order confirmation stated that my goodies will be baked and shipped on the same day. YUM! I can't wait!!

10 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Wow, thanks for sharing!! I may have to order some! I have never had any of them, but would love to try!

Nicole said...

Wow! I've never seen this site. Thanks for sharing! I placed an order tonight too!

Kelly said...

I will have to check that out! They sound delicious!

Kimberly said...

AWESOME!!! I am so excited to check it out! As you may recall, pan dulce is my MOST FAVE!!!

Bobbi said...

OK, I am going to have to check that out!!

Love the new blog header

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that trip (the kids on our lap!)and those cookies SO well and you're right, they were delicious! Happy Birthday and enjoy the much deserved indulgence!

nora said...

Great site! Thanks bunches! I hope you have a great birthday!

Courtney said...

http://www.leeloublogs.blogspot.com/ Someone passed this blog along to me...free blog makeovers. Courtney

Guatemalan Genes said...

Nothing like champurradas dunked in coffee, can´t get more Guatemalan than that!! (well maybe only if you put beans on them).

Thanks for stopping by guatemalangenes, let me know if there is a topic would like me to write about.

Cynthia

Greta Jo said...

Thanks for sharing- What a great site!