Saturday, May 9, 2009

Embassy Day

One year ago on May 9th was our embassy day!! The final step in our adoption process, which turned out to be quite uneventful. My friend Lynn described it as waiting at the driver's license bureau! But, it was great! We were so happy to finally be there!

Here we are at 5:15am just before our ride arrived to take us to Guatemala City. We were clapping in an effort to get pea to look at the camera and smile. As you can see, he wasn't really impressed. Oh well!!
We went back to Antigua after our appointment and ate lunch at the Bagel Barn. After a much needed nap, we headed out to explore Las Capuchinas, an old convent. It is so beautiful and one of my favorite places in Antigua. Perfect for exploring, relaxing, or having a picnic on the lawn area. Oh, it also appeared to be a hot spot for young love. Lots of secret hiding spaces for making out. Though, they weren't so secret because we interrupted one or two couples! hehe




We were pretty hungry after exploring Capuchinas so we tried out a pizza place and it was delicious! But, I cannot remember the name of the restaurant! I do remember it was next to a coffee shop on a street right off of 1st Avenida Norte (I think!). Anyone know where I am talking about?

Pea and daddy after dinner. I am pretty sure we also treated ourselves to ice cream, too! It was such a perfect day.

Conked out after a long day. This used to be the only way we could get pea to sleep! Oh wow. That seems like so long ago! We did many laps around our apartment in Antigua and the little courtyard right outside our door.

9 comments:

Arena Mom said...

Great photos!!!! Sweet memories!

Kim said...

What wonderful, wonderful memories. The pictures are so beautiful!

Heidi said...

Now I am dying to go back to Antigua. I feel like I hardly got a glimpse of it, we were only there 1/2 a day. I love your pictures, that convent looks beautiful! Congrats on Embassy Day! Love that first photo, it cracks me up!

Guatmama said...

Really enjoying your Guatemala memories, gives me a great escape, even if only for a moment. It is so wonderful when a place hold a warm spot in your heart...

The gFamily said...

Such beautiful pics of Antigua!! That makes me want to go back again soon!! I miss Guatemala so much!!

lynn said...

I love these posts about Antigua and everything last year. It's gone so fast! Pea is such a handsome young man. I look forward to going back to Antigua one day, it truly is a special place.

Jess said...

That place is beautiful! I can't wait until we can spend more time in Antigua!

Can't believe it's been a year!

Guatemalan Genes said...

Just stopped by to say Happy Mother`s day!

Anonymous said...

It sounds the the best day ever!!! Great pictures!