Sunday, August 12, 2007

Then and Now

THEN

Here I am in 1994 packed for my 3 month trip to Central America, which included 6 weeks in Guatemala.

NOW

Here we are packed and ready to go meet our son in Guatemala. Jason and I had just started dating right before I left on my trip in 1994. He was constantly on my mind during that trip as our relationship had just started to develop. Consequently, I felt like Jason was with me during that experience. After my trip in 1994, I always felt like I had left a piece of my heart in Guatemala and I knew I had to go back someday with Jason. It was such an inexplicable feeling. But, now I understand and Jason and I are finally going to Guatemala to find that missing piece.


Our trip officially starts Monday night. We will be staying overnight in Detroit and flying out on Tuesday at 6:50am. After a layover in Miami, we are expected to arrive in Guatemala City at 12:35pm.

Our next post will be from Guatemala with Eli in our arms! Stay tuned and we will see you on the flip side.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey yinz - just wanted to give you a shout-out before the big trip. Been enjoying the blog, and can't wait to hear about Eli.

Gretchen said...

What a beautiful post...and how completely perfect that you are going back to Guatemala with your husband to see your son. I love it! I can't wait to see updates of you with Eli!

Emily said...

What a great experience to have! Wishing you a wonderful trip. :-)

Emily

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great trip. Looking forward to "hearing" all about it. Enjoy your baby boy!

Nicole said...

Hope you guys have a safe trip! Can't wait to read all about it!

Sally said...

Hope you had a great trip and can't wait to hear all the details and hopefully see some photos too. ENJOY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You have always had a special purpose and God has provided you with an amazing journey. I am proud to have been able to share a part of that journey with you-to support you both through laughter and tears...Being a part of your life has made me a richer person. Love, Shelly